Monday, January 17, 2011

Special Visitors & a Day at Universal Studios

It's been a while since I've written so let me catch up on some of the latest events. Last week Mark accepted a job as Program Manager at Qinetiq and began working Thursday. I'm hoping some of the job karma rubs off and Ryan will also be employed soon! Ryan told us he is working towards his goal of returning to Mt. Carmel HS in the fall for his Senior year and to have his grades high enough to be eligible to play football as well. All of this is dependent on whether he feels, at the time, that he can maintain his sobriety in that environment. We are hopeful he can achieve it.

Yesterday we had the pleasure of having visit Connor and Kelleigh's birth sisters who live in the L.A. area. We haven't seen either of the girls (or their brother) since before Connor was born nearly 14 years ago. In the picture below are Ryan, Connor (almost 14), Amber (17), Kelleigh (12.5), and Kammie (15). (The other full sibling, Sean, will be 16 this month.)

Kammie with her adoptive parents, John & Faith. Thank you for making this visit possible!

We had Universal Studio passes which were about to expire so Mark suggested that he take the kids today and let me have a day alone. I know it's probably not nice to be so excited to have the house to myself but let me remind you it's been months....! Here was their first picture with a text announcing they had arrived...

Then a little while later Mark sends me a text "Found new dog and new girlfriend...pls pick kids up at Universal...tell Newton I'll miss her" and this picture ...

My dogs are cuter and we'll have more room in the bed now too! What have I been doing while they are gone? Slept in, went to craft store, ran an errand, got lunch, laid out by the pool since it's 80+ degrees, updating this blog, visiting a friend later this afternoon, and enjoying the quiet ... all guilt-free!


No comments:

Post a Comment