Monday, July 26, 2010

Doctor appointment

Today I had my appointment with the orthopedic doctor regarding the on-going pain in my left hand. He confirmed that I do have "De Quervain's Tenosynovitis". Because I have already had two or three cortisone shots in my hand/wrist, having another one is not an option. Apparently the past shots have weakened the tissue and skin density too much and he couldn't have given me one even if I wanted it. So, I have to wear the brace until my surgery to keep the inflammation down and surgery will be September 2nd. While I don't look forward to another surgery, it will be nice to be pain-free again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so behind on blogs. I'm sorry to hear you need surgery. Please let me know if you need help. Can I be the first to sign up to bring you guys dinner???

    ReplyDelete