Monday, March 21, 2011

Birthday boy

Hard to believe but Ryan was 17 yesterday.  Saturday night he and Mark left on a quest for sushi only to get to the restaurant and it was closed for renovation.  They decided on Oggi's and enjoyed salad and BBQ wings pizza.  It was also a good opportunity for them to discuss some situations that had occurred during the week one-on-one.  Of course it's quickly become a tradition to have a chocolate satin pie in lieu of a cake for birthdays.  Can't blame them as they are delicious!  Connor had waited all week for Ryan to wear the Chevy's birthday hat which you can tell really thrilled him!  Then he thought it clever to give Ryan the shirt he'd gotten him in a Victoria's Secret bag ... only at 14.  Ry was a good sport though and loved the shirts the kids each got him as well as his birthday money.  With his second paycheck we opened his very own checking account so now he can cash his own checks.  This should be an interesting learning experience!





Connor came home with a less than stellar report card so he continues to be grounded.  Perhaps another 6 weeks of no phone or privileges will show him we're not kidding about being on the Honor Roll.  He's definitely going through a defiant stage and, frankly, I'm over it.  Why they can't see that doing what's right makes life better all around is baffling to me.

This will be a busy week as I have a lot to do before I leave Saturday for my big trip to the Dominican Republic.  I am SOOO excited!  A whole week relaxing in a lovely villa with my sister and her friends, being waited on by the house staff, laying on the beautiful beaches, and exploring the island.  I can't wait!

Jake gets his stitches out on Wednesday and will no longer be a cone-head.  He's actually adjusted fairly well although it has cut down some on his speed - not the most aerodynamic feature!  He and Buddy try having their games and it just doesn't work with a big thing around your head.  Connor also has 3 lacrosse games this week, Ry has school twice, I have a nail appt and my girls' craft night, plus the New Life guys are coming to group Thursday night so we're excited to see them again.  In between I need to pay a few bills and ensure everything is ready for Mark before I go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment