Sunday, January 22, 2012

Life on Shoal Summit

The weeks just seem to rush by and things are busier than ever.  I started my new job on the 12th and am very much enjoying it.  It's both challenging, fast-paced, and rewarding.  The individuals I work with are great and have made me feel very welcome from my first day.  It's all still a bit surreal as I get up and ready each morning but we're all getting more into the routine.  Mark has handled the ortho appointments, teacher meetings, taxi service, and Costco runs (which he likes a little tooooo much).  He continues to sub when called, studies for his referree clinics, and to work with an executive search firm.

My biopsies went well but I am very, very happy to have that behind me.  While the procedure itself wasn't something I'll jump at doing again, it was more the length of time (3 hours) that it took than the pain level.  The radiologist has sent the report to the doctor however, despite my calls, they haven't had the courtesy of telling me what they are.  Monday I intend to bring that to an end.  My shingles are gone with only a tinge now and then of back pain. 

Tomorrow is Connor's 15th birthday which he's been planning on for the last three months!  Truly no child gets more excited over a birthday than him!  He already got his lacrosse stick so hope it's not a disappointing day for him.  His birthday pie is ordered and he hasn't decided where he'd like to celebrate dinner.  Stay tuned for pictures of the big event!

No comments:

Post a Comment