Sunday, December 5, 2010

Busy weekend!

On Friday night we were excited to meet long-time family friends of Mark and Blanche's, Lloyd and Mary Lou Gillespie. Mark hasn't seen Mary Lou in over 40 years but the visit seemed as if we'd known them forever. Chuck and Mary Lou's dad went to school together so they go back a long way! Was a very fun evening and we look forward to visiting their "ranch" when we're in northern California.

This afternoon a dear friend came down and took a picture of the family so I could get Christmas cards ordered. I'll warn you now that (1) we are DEFINITELY not a photogenic family, (2) yes there was just enough light that we are squinting, and (3) they won't be mailed until the middle of the month! Now I just need to get the letter written to go along with them...

I was productive this weekend so head over to my craft blog and see what I got finished up. Have a few more projects to go but I'm gaining on it. Did get the last of the kids' gifts ordered so think I'm finished on the gift scene. The guys were all busy putting the outside lights up this weekend so we are officially decorated now!

Next weekend my sister will be here so Kelleigh has her mind set on shopping - apparently my sister does too as she told me to bring her with me to the airport so we could head to the mall right away! I'd better wear some comfy shoes. The boys have their heart set on making some "pies" over the firepit which is one of our favorite childhood memories. Naturally, a stop at See's candy is a must!

Tomorrow is the school drill for all three. Hard to believe only two weeks and they are off again. Where do the months go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment