Monday, July 18, 2011

A little update ...

 

A few nights ago we had the most beautiful full moon.  Since it's been a while, I'll try and catch up on the latest news. 

I finally received the picture I ordered of Connor's promotion ceremony from middle school.


Friday was their last day of the three weeks they were able to attend summer school classes at the private school Mark was teaching a class each morning at.  I need to photograph the rest of Kelleigh's artwork and the woodworking items Connor made during that time.  All of their work was amazing and they are hoping they can do it again next year! 

Connor's dream came true when they handed out football uniforms last Thursday!  A moment he's been waiting on for 6 years!  This is the last week of one practice a day, then two weeks off, and then twice a day until school starts. 



They are excited to leave for church camp next weekend.  So hard to believe that the end of July is so near as school starts in a little over a month.  Kell isn't very happy to be gone for her birthday so we will celebrate this Saturday.   

Ryan has been gone a little over 7 weeks now and we haven't been allowed to visit him yet.  He is doing well behavior-wise but feels he doesn't have an addiction issue.  (Need I remind him he was home less than 3 months before he began seeking out drugs again...)  Hence, he is able to superficially do well but hasn't internalized his issues yet.  Until he does, he won't begin the path of true recovery.  It's hard not hearing from him directly but we're grateful for the friends who also have boys there that send us an update each Saturday after their visit and they let him know we are thinking about him and miss him.  Each night following grace Connor says the most heartfelt and sweetest prayers for him that choke me up every time. 

As we were getting ready for dinner last night Connor answered the door and told me a police officer was there and wanted to see me.  Hmmm...  Turns out it was the woman who had arrested Ryan.  She was responding to a call up the street and had been thinking about us so wanted to stop and see how things were going.  I filled her in and told her how much her help that night meant to us.  As a friend said, this was just more evidence of God among us.  Her concern and kindness meant a lot to me.

There are rumors that the contract Mark works on may be cancelled by the Government which will really ruin our day.  I so don't want to go down the path of COBRA payments, etc. again!  Pray that something turns around or they transfer the San Diego folks to another project.

Guess that's all for now.  I've been enjoying time in my craft room and entering more challenges and contests along with a friend.  I'm trying to get better with keeping the blogs updated so if you're interested, go see what I've made on my craft blog.  This afternoon I'll take pictures of the kids projects and try and post those later today.  Until then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment