Saturday, September 26, 2009

My "Oops!" solved!

I am happy to report the white jersey is white again with the help of a handy product I bought today at Ralphs! It is made by Carbona and called "Color Run Remover" and is designed for stupid people who put red items in with white items! In case you ever need a product this company makes, they have a solution each for chocolate, blood, and ketchup. I will warn you that it smells like the home perms of years gone by but after soaking the jersey in very hot water with this stuff dissolved into it, it is white again! Ryan is a happy guy! Sadly the JV team lost by a touchdown to Mt. Carmel last night but the Varsity team won by a touchdown. Ryan had a good game and the boys never gave up which is all you can ask for.

In case you're in need of another chuckle ... Last Saturday we took the kids to the beach where they enjoyed boogie boarding, shell collecting, and skim boarding. Sunday night I walk upstairs to ensure the kids are in bed and smell something really nasty in the hallway. I couldn't place the smell. When I finally couldn't take it anymore I said something to which Kelleigh replies "maybe it's my shells on the [linen closet] counter". Okay ... there is nothing quite like the smell of rotting seaweed-scented shells right in your house! I couldn't get the towel with the shells out of the house fast enough and put the Febreze air freshener to its ultimate test. Fifteen sprays later I could still smell it and risked suffocating as I fell asleep with a pillow over my head! In the future, shells will be admired and left at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment