Monday, September 27, 2010

Hot Pink cast


Kelleigh is the lucky recipient of a hot pink full arm cast which goes well with the 106 degree day. Because of the swelling it has cuts in it to allow for expansion so another ace bandage covers the pink which really annoys her! They re-xrayed her entire arm as she was having more pain in her wrist and fingers than her elbow. While no obvious breaks were seem, he thinks there may be fractures in the growth plates and won't risk it. This cast will be on for two weeks, then more xrays, and possibly be exchanged for a short one. At the moment we can't figure out a way for her to write so I had to write her homework for her. Okay at home but not too handy at school!

My post-op exam resulted in the soft cast being removed but the bandages are still on the incision. He was as unhappy as I am that the tendon is still "snapping" given that is what drove me to have the surgery. He said there was a lot of tissue he had to cut away due to the cortisone shots and long time I'd put up with it. He is still hopeful that in time it will work it's way lose and bring relief. I have the lovely brace to wear and am to take breaks and 'exercise' it. At the moment it's very sore and hurting from him moving it. I felt so nauseous when he removed the cast that I was trying not to faint or throw up. Of course the a/c was out on the 4th and 5th floor of the medical building which didn't help!


Sadly the guy who showed so much interest in the car and for which we made arrangements to meet in Los Alamitos isn't going to buy it now. So annoying. Good test in patience I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment