Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rough visit

Yesterday was a tough visit with Ryan. After an emotional week due to other situations, I wasn't expecting the visit with Ryan to be tough. He got called out in the family meeting as he's been there coming up to 90 days and they feel he hasn't really opened up enough about what issues drove him to use drugs. Apparently they feel he should have broken through some of those reasons by this point so they said he needed to get in touch with it or he will be gone. Needless to say I was upset. He had a hard time articulating what he was thinking as it was in a group situation and he indeed internalizes everything. He took it all well which is more than I could say. We were able to talk through some of it as the afternoon progressed and I told him that until he addressed the reasons he was driven to drugs, they wouldn't be able to help him.

We've been very busy around the house painting, cleaning, doing yard work, and are very sore as a result! At least a few of the rooms are very clean though! Connor started box lacrosse on Saturday and truly loved it. Very different format than playing outdoors.

This week will be busy. Monday a gal is coming to give me estimates on shutters for the last 3 bedrooms upstairs plus Dana and I are finalizing her wedding album so she can order it; Tuesday I start a new Bible Study class with a friend plus the pool gets it's deck caulking done; Wednesday is my nail appointment and the kids get their immunization shots after school; Thursday is my hand surgery (so say a little prayer that goes well) and group meeting that night; then Friday a friend and I are going to lunch. Somewhere in between I need to work a little too! Saturday I am giving the guys at the house a puppy training lesson as the house has a puppy and 23 guys are giving her directions. Not a good thing! Hence, everyone will be doing the same thing when I'm done and she'll be spending less time in her crate!

Hope your week is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment