Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dishwasher saga

The guy came, told me we had hard water, run two cycles of "Dishwasher Magic" through an empty dishwasher on the longest, hottest cycle, and I'll be set. Oh, and that will be $151. I asked him why the last two guys couldn't have told me the same thing. Apparently because we have hard water, it builds up to the point there is a film inside the dishwasher, the spray arms get clogged, and it continues to get worse and worse in the drain, etc.; hence the reason the dishes were worse coming out than going in. He claims if you run a container of this stuff through every month that it will never build up and dishes will be great. And, most interesting to me, was never to use more than a teaspoon of dishwasher detergent in the dispenser. (This was the only comment all three guys had in common.) So, $22 later for two bottles, I had better have the most immaculate dishwasher in San Diego. You can be sure Sears repair will be getting a letter from me requesting my money back from the first two clowns who came out...and maybe this one too if it's not a success!

2 comments:

  1. C'mon, quit with the old fashioned dishwasher. Just get your dog to clean the plates. Easier, and never a scrap of food left. Ha!

    I saw your car in the SC parking lot, but didn't see you. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Mrs. O’Donnell,

    I saw your blog here and I wanted to post a note. The last technician is correct. 99% of “film on the dishes” issues or “dishes not getting cleaned” are from hard water. I am concerned that the previous technicians did not know this information. We need to provide some feedback to the service unit to be sure our customers are handled in the best possible manner. It also looks like you paid out of pocket for this last call, and I was wondering if you paid out of pocket for all the service calls. We have some options that may help with the cost you incurred. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares escalations team. At your convenience, if you would, please contact my office at searscares@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, please provide the screen name (Cindy O’Donnell) used to post here for reference to this issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.


    Thank you,

    Brian J.
    Senior Case Manager
    Sears Cares

    ReplyDelete