Thursday, January 14, 2010

A hard day

I was called to RB today as Ryan was brought into the AP's office as his teacher noticed he was disoriented and his pupils were dilated. I got out of him that he's taken two pills given to him by a kid at lunch which he thought were Ambien. Because he wasn't acting sleepy they doubted that was really what he'd taken and asked me to take him to ER to be tested. And, of by the way, he was suspended and would be transfered to another school. We will continue that discussion when I take him after school tomorrow to complete the 3 finals he still needs to take. We did go to ER and the test came back negative for illegal drugs so I guess we'll never know what he took. The other kid had none on him when he was searched nor in his locker. Maybe the parents will be able to shed some light on it. Mark and I are left with the difficult decision of whether to seek immediate care in a residential at our expense or which school to transfer him to. Pray that we make the best decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment