Wednesday, August 17, 2011

... one week to go ...

... until the first day of school!  My incredibly talented and crafty friend always has the top of her cabinet and fireplace decorated for the holiday and it's so attractive.  I don't really have an area that works well enough to be that obvious so decided I'd choose the garden window in the kitchen.  After all, it's where we spend most of our time when we're in the back of the house!  It makes me smile when I'm in there and will be fun to change as the holidays approach.  (The picture isn't very good as the reflection off the BBQ seemed to be there all day long!)

Take special note of the "slide rule" in front of the pictures (remember those?!) and the gold frame holds a kindergarten picture of Mark's dad when he was 5 (circa 1919). 

No comments:

Post a Comment