Saturday, September 24, 2011

The week's events

Happy Birthday to my wonderful Mom!  Wish I was there to celebrate with you.

It has definitely been an interesting week.  Monday Mark came home early from work and told me the government had cancelled the contract effective immediately that supported the San Diego office meaning they are all out of a job.  The government has 90 days to reinstate the program but in the meantime the employees take a leave of absence or quit.  So I have a paint helper!  We are nearly finished.  One more gallon of paint and we'll be done (already 3-1/2 gallons used!).  We got a new huge clock for over the fireplace and half of the DR picture canvases came with the rest expected on Thursday.  When they are hung I will post the before/after pictures.  I am very, very pleased with it.

Tuesday Kelleigh had her second riding lesson - this time on Cupid.  She had an unexpected lesson on trotting when Cupid decided to take off!  She handled it well and didn't panic.  Now she wants to do it all the time!  Of course she was soooo excited to wear her new helmet, britches, and boots (which she declared are the most comfortable shoes ever...). 


Because of the rodeo, she didn't have a lesson on Friday but this year, more than most, she was very excited to go.  It was fun and so amazing to see the guts those bull riders have but my personal favorites are the barrel racers.  The kids also raced and some were as young as six years old just flying around on huge horses - was great!  None of the pix I took with my phone came out as we were sitting up high and the lights were too bright.  Oh well ...


Today Connor was allowed to come with me to visit with Ryan.  He'd waited all summer to take the wooden box he'd made for him up and loved sharing about football, what teachers he has, see how big Leah had gotten, etc.  Was a really great visit and a nice way to start the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment