Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Today's visit

I saw Blanche this morning but she wasn't looking so happy when I got there.  She was laying in bed all covered up with her robe.  She told me she hadn't eaten breakfast as she was having chest pains too badly.  As I asked her about the chest pains, she told me it has happened a couple of times in the last two days.  A pressing sensation down the middle of her chest.  Apparently she asked them to take her to the hospital but they felt it was due to her burping.  I told her the next time it happens to call me and I will come over; if she wants to be taken to the hospital, that's where she'll go.  She feels if they need to do tests she would prefer to be in one location rather than run back and forth to doctor appointments.  The nurse's station called me this afternoon to tell me they had started her on a new medication for her indigestion (I believe).  Apparently their solution for her chest pains. 

Unless something comes up in the meantime, she is still planning to come home on Friday.  We will see Ryan on Thursday and enjoy the day with him; Friday we will celebrate at home with Grandma.  The kids are enjoying their week off.

No comments:

Post a Comment