Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Upcoming OT visit

I visited with Blanche this morning and met with the OT.  They asked how I felt about them (Blanche and her) coming to the house Friday morning to see how she makes out in her own environment.  I must have looked a little surprised.  I told them in no uncertain terms that she must be steady on her walker and there can be no use of a wheelchair as we can't accomodate that.  The fact they had her stand at a sink (holding on for stability) and prove she could make a sandwich really wasn't proof enough to me that she's ready to leave.  Once the gal left Blanche commented on her concern that she can step over the ledge (about 4") into the shower, getting it turned on/off (I can do that part), making sure no soap on floor, etc.  I told her she may need help and was she ready to accept that?  She asked if I'd prefer she go to an assisted living arrangement; I told her we'd assess that the next time she falls (as even she knows there will be a next time).  I've taken her rocking chair out of her room and put the wing chair in there as it's sturdier for her to get in/out of.  I guess we'll see what Friday brings and what they will work on in preparation for her return home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment