Monday, February 1, 2010

Busy weekend

It was a gorgeous weekend in San Diego! Saturday morning was spent at lacrosse then Mark and I attended John Rosemond's parenting seminar in the afternoon. While I have read many of his books, when it comes to teens his theories are a bit too idealistic. The examples of how to handle a child in a situation were great and, at time comical, but what about the kid who says no and walks out the door. What then? Those were the things that didn't get addressed and I'm sure we weren't the only parents with those type of kids. The kids who would be responsive to his teachings probably weren't there!

Sunday the kids and I attended Maranatha. I will say they have one of the best music portions of a service of anywhere I've ever attended. The kids each went to their age-appropriate 'services' and seemed to like it. Ryan knew one kid and Connor knew a boy from school. Hopefully after a couple weeks they will be more comfortable but all said they liked it. That's a start! Afterwards, Mark and Connor went to the golf tournament at Torrey Pines. They said there was a good crowd despite the absence of Tiger.

Mark is home today as their semester ended and it's the teacher's day to input grades and get lessons ready for next semester. I made a doctor appt for Kelleigh as her cough is no better so will get her meds. Also wrote a letter to Bosch as the dishwasher isn't working again so will see what response I get back. Threatened to go buy another brand so that may get their attention. I've never spent so much having an appliance repaired as that one. Annoying given it was given such high ratings. Did I mention we need to get a new microwave too?! Just love spending money on those things!

No comments:

Post a Comment