Tuesday, February 23, 2010

In Loving Memory ...

Shadow
8/1/99 - 2/23/10


It is with such sadness that I write that Shadow went to be with Grandpa today. He hasn't been well for several weeks and, despite the vet's attempts to save him, he wasn't improving. The last few days he was unable to stand up without difficulty and often needed assistance. It had been weeks since he had climbed the stairs, played with Buddy, or even done his daily "patrols" around the yard. While he wasn't very old, his life before Diane rescued him was clearly difficult. He certainly enjoyed a spoiled and comfortable life these last ten years and we will miss having him in our family. Buddy loved his brother and their routine of treats and games throughout the day. He was with me as we said goodbye to our beloved Shaddie.

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know the dog and I'm choked up. I'm sorry. Are you considering another dog, or will you be a one dog family for awhile?

    ReplyDelete