Thursday, October 27, 2011

Grandma & Kelleigh

{Update} Originally Blanche was to be moved at 1:30 but she told doctor she wasn't feeling well.  They did lab work and everything appeared normal including BP.  The doctor called me and because there was no "medical" reason to keep her in the hospital, we both felt she was overwhelmed worrying about the actual transport and situation in general.  Should there be a reason for her to return to hospital, that will happen.  So....at 3:30 she was moved and they called to tell me she was settled in.  She has a private room which she is delighted about and the charge nurse remembers her.  I will go over in the morning to take her a few things and also sign the paperwork.  Please give her a couple days to settle in and then feel free to call her as she has a direct phone:  858/485-5153 ext 4061.  Should you call before 5p, you can just tell them Room 406. 

Kelleigh is finally sleeping and I'll wake her shortly for our meeting.  Mark is off to Connor's football game and I checked that he had his insurance card just in case ...

Grandma first ... Mark, Kelleigh, and I all saw her this morning and she was doing better.  They will move her to the nursing home (where Chuck was) around 1:30 today where she'll stay until she can walk on her own.  To quote her "I plan to be there as short a time as possible" which I think is encouraging.  There are still several people there she knows from Chuck's day so I think it will make the time more tolerable.  Once I know her room number, if she has a phone, etc. I'll update you.  I won't get to see her again today but have a list of things she wants me to bring over tomorrow!

Kelleigh ... didn't have the best night mainly due to the arm.  Finally got them to agree to an orthopedic appt but not at our usual office.  Whatever.  Took an xray and it showed no breaks; fracture won't show up for a week.  Because of the pain and where she's hurting, he feels she has torn ligaments and has ordered an MRI.  We're to follow-up next Thursday and do the MRI when it's approved, etc.  She's very sore on her hip but insisted on going to her classes today to turn in homework.  Fortunately this week they are only going to noon daily so she didn't miss much when I sent Mark to fetch her.

I'm hoping to get no calls tonight that Connor got hurt at the football game ... cross your fingers ...

No comments:

Post a Comment