Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Grandma - Wednesday

{Evening update}  Well it's been an interesting evening.  Our original plan was for Mark to visit Blanche after his meeting while I took Kelleigh to horseback riding lessons then picked up Connor from football.  All that changed when Kelleigh was thrown from her horse and we headed to ER.  I had to laugh as, seriously, twice in three days ...  After four more hours logged in ER, a significant amount of morphine, a splinted arm, and badly bruised hip, we are home.  Tomorrow the arm will be re-xrayed and go from there.  I was able to go upstairs to see Blanche before we left and she was doing okay.  She knew from Mark's call that Kell had been hurt and asked how that was going.  (Of course it took him a while to convince her that it wasn't Fran calling as she struggles so with the phone!)  I told her that they had called me today about her being approved to go to Manor Care (it has a new name now) and we'd know tomorrow when that may happen.  I didn't stay long between the nurse trying to get her situated for the night and Kelleigh downstairs.  I'll see her in the morning and see what the day brings.  Just call me Florence Nightingale ...

Mark and I just returned from seeing Blanche.  She definitely wasn't looking as good as when we saw her last night although she says she had slept the night but isn't used to being awakened at 6:00a!  We didn't see the nurse to confirm that her levels were good so appears no procedure is needed at this point.  She said when she woke up she had no idea where she was, what had happened, why she was in the hospital, etc.  The nurse explained it and stayed with her for a while.  Whether it's the pain meds, the shock of it all, or a combination of everything, it has definitely taken a toll on her.  She's confused at times and yet aware at others.  Very sad to see.  Fortunately I'm on her checking account so I'm going to go in and see what needs paid for now.  We'll go back later today and see how she's doing.  (If you want to try and call her the number is 858-613-4410 but I will warn you she has a very difficult time hearing on the phone.  If you'd like to send her a note, please mail to our house and I'll take to her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment