Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Tomorrow I'll post some Halloween pictures but for now I must get the kids fed before the little creatures start appearing at the door!  Why does it seem like Halloween has been coming for the last six months - so done with the store decorations, adults at their place of business dressed up, geez I hate Halloween...

I saw Blanche this morning and her words as I walked in were "thank God you came"...okay...  Apparently the hoopla in her room began at 5:00a with a blood draw so the panel would be back by the time the doctor came in, the urine sample still hadn't been turned in for her possible UTI, she requested a nebulizer and, when they finally found one, they decided to give her the breathing treatment as her breakfast was being served, then PT came for her and she proceeded to give them a piece of her mind about how much she should be expected to do each time as she is 92, then they oversaw her ability to get to the bathroom herself (she has to be supervised still thank heavens), and finally helped her back to bed.  All of this rambled out in the course of about 49.3 seconds ...   She was quite perturbed.  Talked through all of that, showed her the clothes I brought and other things from her "list" the night before, took notes on a few things she wanted Mark to bring her over a while ago, and she was calm by the time I left.  She appreciates the cards, the call from Fran while I was there, and is looking forward to seeing Johnny when he's in town this week.  If there's anything new to report from Mark's visit, I'll update tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment