Friday, July 17, 2009

I am waiting for the shutter installers to appear. It took all yesterday morning to prep for them. Then spackle in the holes, paint, dust, move furniture ... you get the picture! I told Mark I feel as if I've spent my whole summer vacation chasing dust bunnies! I am really sick of cleaning so I'm taking today off. I am delighted that a dear friend who has the same floor plan as us is going to use the custom window treatments and bedding so we'll redo her room when her husband goes on travel!

Sent Connor out with Ryan yesterday as each football player has 15 restaurant coupon "sheets" to sell as their only fundraiser. Ryan, being very shy, is beside himself at having to do this but its right up Jabber Jaws' alley! We only have 4 to go so they'll try again this afternoon.

Kelleigh has been busy reading. Wednesday she read the entire Twilight book and yesterday she read all but 5 pages of the next one, New Moon. She's very annoyed with me that I won't let her continue with the series but my friend said it gets a little too graphic with the sex scenes and she won't let her same-age daughter read it. I didn't read past the first book so I trust her judgment. Now Kell wants me to find her another series to read so we'll visit the Library later today. Wish the reading bug would rub off on her big brother! Connor finished Uncle Tom's Cabin and is reading Call of the Wild now. He is also an awesome reader and loves a variety of books.

I have a new stamp catalog to look through so will chat more later!

3 comments:

  1. The sex scenes come more in the 4th book (when they get married). We stopped Brandon after #3. Has she read the "Uglies" series? It's young adult and is something my daughter will be reading as she sets off to middle school. An interesting way of explaining why it's not always good to be "part of the crowd" or want to be pretty "just like everyone else". Good series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely safe until the 4th book. Tell her aunt shel and uncle cj read them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you're talking about books, you know I'd have to chime in! I agree with Kim that the Uglies series is good--both my girls really enjoyed it. I'd also like to recommend The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I LOVED this book and the sequel is coming out this fall. Also, Alabama Moon by Watt Key is terrific. Both are very appropriate for middle school readers! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete