Friday, July 24, 2009

I have been rather sad today after some news I got while checking out at Ralphs today. One of the gal's who's line I always go through (Debbie) had returned to work today following the death of her son last week. He was 32 and had leukemia. She said it had been a very hard time and you could tell that she was going to have a hard day holding back the tears. Losing a child is something I can't even imagine.

The pool equipment got repaired today. It turned out that the solar sensor wasn't turning off resulting in no water pressure through the filter. Now I know why the pool was at 89 degrees when I had the solar turned off (or thought I did!). It wasn't as hot today and actually looked like it would rain at times.

Also got the return call from the car insurance company to give me an idea what it will cost to add a new driver. While it wasn't as bad as I expected, you automatically lose the California Good Driver discount and they add the child to the least-driven car as soon as they get their license (assuming you're honest and tell them!). Doesn't matter if they are going to drive or not, you pay for them....so he may have his learner's permit for a looooong time! It makes a fairly significant difference if the kid has a 3.0 GPA or greater so that will be the requirement in this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment